TWELVE STEP PROGRAM PAPER REQUIREMENTS
1. Student must attend, (in person or virtual) one AA/NA group, where the group leader is a peer, not a professional. Search the internet for 12 steps programs in your area. (In person or virtual)
2. Students will respect the anonymity/confidentiality of the group members. No last names or any identifiable criteria will be obtained from members of the group.
3. Student will dress appropriately (no shorts, t-shirts, tight clothes, etc.) Students will not wear name tags or any other markings which will identify them as student. Student’s focus in attending this self-help program is NOT participation but observation of interactions within the group.
Directions for Paper:
After attending 12-Step meetings, the student will submit a typed (1–2 page) paper. The papers must include a grade sheet as well as the items listed below. 12 Step papers must be typed in 12pt, Times New Roman font. Please see the 12 Step Grading Sheet for additional requirements.
To find an AA Meeting go to: https://aahouston.org/ search by type of meeting “12 step” Students are not allowed in CLOSED meetings.
RNSG2160 12-Step Paper Grading Sheet
Ten (10) points will be deducted for each spelling, grammar, punctuation errors.
Ten (10) points per day will be deducted for paper not submitted on time. After 2 days of late work, you will receive a zero (0) for this clinical assignment.
Criteria Possible Points Actual Points
1. Identify type of group attended (A.A., N.A. etc). 5
2. Describe philosophy of 12-step meeting attended. 15
3. Describe/ discuss where meeting was held and who sponsored the meeting.
4. Discuss demographic make-up of group members. 15
5. What were the ground rules for the meeting? 15
6. Describe the interactions that took place while the meeting was in session.
7. Describe primary theme(s) that seemed to dominate group process. Were they directly / indirectly related to stated reasons for the group meeting?
8. Describe the major functional problem area(s) of the group members. How does abuse affect their life?
9. Points deducted for late submission
10. Points deducted for errors in spelling, punctuation, or grammar.
The post Describe the major functional problem area(s) of the group members. How does abuse affect their life? appeared first on Assignment Prep.