to write an assignment on a case with rehabilitation potential.
- The assignment should demonstrate the ability to apply the bio-psycho socio-spiritual model, rehabilitation principles, therapist recommendations, discharge management, and appropriate community resources.
- assignment should include the following information:
1. Introduction of the case:
- Biographical data, chief complaints, HPI (including family and social history).
- Baseline data on arrival toward
2. Identification and interpretation of functional outcomes o Lawton IADL
- Barthel index o FSQ o Time up & Go
- Vestibular screening and many more
3. Evaluation and critical analysis:
- Relate and discuss a current problem that requires rehabilitation.
- Relate and discuss specific treatment to all the abnormalities identified in the client’s condition.
- Apply appropriate principles and theories of rehabilitation.
4. Clinical problems:
- Perform appropriate assessment using appropriate rehabilitation assessment tools.
- Relate and discuss the findings from the screening tools.
5. Discuss how the identified problems are managed. Provide rationale. （2 actual problems and 2 potential problems and provide the care plan for each identified problem）
6. Refer to the patient’s medication record and explain the relevance of the prescribed drugs to the patient’s condition/diagnosis. Include nursing considerations to administering of drugs.
7. Discuss the discharge plans and the multi-professional input in the care of the older client.
8. Provide examples of community resources appropriate for the client’s situation.