Critically analyse the convergence of art and politics of Japanese art following World War II. In your answer, critically analyse artworks produced during this time and also discuss the historical context of these events. Details of task: The research essay is an opportunity to investigate a theme or topic covered in this unit in more depth, and to extend your own practice or research interests. Building on skills you have developed in the previous two assessment tasks, your essay should advance a coherent and convincing argument supported by analyses of artworks and references to scholarly publications. You should also demonstrate your ability to identify high quality publications in your research area such as scholarly journal articles and books. All research sour

Critically analyse the convergence of art and politics of Japanese art following World War II. In your answer, critically analyse artworks produced during this time and also discuss the historical context of these events.

Details of task: The research essay is an opportunity to investigate a theme or topic covered in this unit in more depth, and to extend your own practice or research interests. Building on skills you have developed in the previous two assessment tasks, your essay should advance a coherent and convincing argument supported by analyses of artworks and references to scholarly publications. You should also demonstrate your ability to identify high quality publications in your research area such as scholarly journal articles and books. All research sources must be acknowledged in correctly formatted footnotes and a bibliography. Do not rely on information published on non-academic websites.

You may choose to answer a question from the list provided below, or you may develop your own essay question based on a theme or topic addressed in the course, in consultation with your tutor or the unit coordinator. If you wish to develop your own question, please make an appointment with your tutor or the unit coordinator to discuss your proposed topic. No essay will be accepted if the question has not been approved by the teaching staff.

Word limit: 2500 words, +/- 10%.

Criteria for marking:

1) Evidence of thoughtful consideration of the task, and originality of response;

> ie, have you carefully read your chosen question and thought deeply about its implications? Have you responded in a way that is original, creative, and/or interesting?

2) Persuasively argued answer to essay question, supported by appropriate evidence;

> ie, does your essay persuasively answer the essay question? Have you included examples that support your argument? Do your examples include analyses and interpretations of artworks as well as references to scholarly texts?

3) Engagement with relevant existing scholarship demonstrating depth of research;

> ie, have you developed a good understanding of your research area by reading a range of scholarly research sources? Have you engaged with your sources in the text of your essay as well as citing them correctly in footnotes and bibliography?

4) Well-structured and logical presentation of ideas and evidence;

> ie, is your essay well structured? Have you clearly stated your argument in your introduction, and summarised it in your conclusion? Do the ideas in your paragraphs flow in a logical sequence? Do the ideas and examples you present all clearly relate to your argument?

5) Clear and coherent written expression and professional presentation, including correct acknowledgement of research sources.

> ie, is your writing clear and coherent, with correct spelling and grammar? Is your essay professionally presented, with correctly formatted footnotes and bibliography? Is your essay within the allowable word length?

Assignment Helper
Get professional help now
Assignment Helper
Hi there
How can I help you?
Just Now

Get 35% off your Assignments

X