Integrate leadership and management principles and attributes in nursing practice
You are assigned to six patients on the medical surgical unit working with a LPN/LVN and share a CNA with another RN. You are receiving report for your patients and need to identify what activities you will be assigning, delegating, supervising, and prioritizing for the shift.
- Client number 1: 50-year old male who had a heart attack and stent placed with normal vital signs
- Client number 2: 46-year-old female with full-thickness burns to the leg who needs to have dressings changed
- Client number 3: 33-year-old male firefighter who has fallen and broken his right femur after surgery with pain in his leg
- Client number 4: 18-year-old male with wheezing and labored respirations unrelieved by an inhaler
- Client number 5: 74-year-old female with new onset dementia awaiting lab results
- Client number 6: 52-year-old female who has been recently diagnoses with diabetes type 2 and is getting discharged
- Describe the patients you will be assigning to the LPN
- Describe the care that you will be delegating to the LPN and CNA
- List the interventions that you would want to supervise for the LPN and CNA
- List the clients and care from the highest to lowest priority
- Provides stated ideas with professional language and attribution for credible sources with correct APA citation, spelling, and grammar.
The post Describe the patients you will be assigning to the LPN appeared first on Assignment Prep.