Use all of the resources in the Course Content as well as your textbook and additional research sources to guide your writing. Follow the prompts in the appropriate worksheet from the Aesthetic Experience Materials area in this module. Apply the skills you’ve developed throughout the course in researching and evaluating works from the humanities.
Throughout the course, you have applied the practice of critical analysis to a variety of works from the humanities. This assignment is the capstone of the lessons and activities you’ve completed in this course.
For this assignment, you will VIRTUALLY attend an art museum. [Note: Cinema/film is not an option for this assignment].
If, for some reason, you choose to attend a museum or event â€œin personâ€, you are assuming all risks and responsibilities associated with attending. You are no longer â€œrequiredâ€ to go anywhere â€œin personâ€ for this course for the Aesthetic Experience Research Essay or any other reason.
Before the Experience (Do These Steps EARLY in the Semester)
1. View the Aesthetic Experience and Perception video and read the associated transcript in this module’s Aesthetic Experience Materials area.
2. Look through the pre-approved list of VIRTUAL art museums in the Aesthetic Experience Materials area of this module and choose your experience.
3. Plan for and schedule the time and date to do your VIRTUAL chosen experience.
4. After Virtually Viewing the museum (or optionally attending “in person”), compose a research essay about this aesthetic experience based on the detailed instructions in the Aesthetic Experience worksheet. Incorporate terms from the list at the end of your worksheet.
5. Conduct the appropriate research to support your responses to the worksheet prompts. Be sure to cite all sources carefully. For this assignment, you are required to use and cite a minimum of five quality sources (including the specific link to your work of art). Those five sources should include:
(1) the textbook;
(2) the website of the museum that houses your piece;
(3) the precise link to the work of art itself;
(4 and 5) TWO quality research sources about your piece, its artist, style, and/or historical/cultural contexts. To find these sources, please try using Google Scholar and/or our college library.
Be sure to cite all your sources in proper MLA or APA format, including the event or work of art itself. Your complete “Works Cited” should be placed at the end of your third essay prompt; in other words at the bottom of the page on which you write your responses to the third essay prompt (before the Glossary section).â€
Materials Use all of the resources in the Course Content as well as your textboo