n epidemiology, meta-analyses are becoming a common research design. They are also “the most frequently cited form of clinical research,” and as such are an important type of study for the advanced practice nurse to be familiar with (Haidich, 2010).
For this Assignment, you will analyze a meta-analysis article and consider the implications of this research design for nursing practice, building on this week’s Discussion.
Haidich, A. B. (2010). Meta-analysis in medical research. Hippokratia, 14(Suppl. 1), 29–37. https://www.hippokratia.gr/images/PDF/14Sup1/699.pdf
Photo Credit: Getty Images/Cultura RF
- Using the Walden Library, locate a peer-reviewed article that utilizes a meta-analysis design and examines a population health topic that interests you. Your article must be a meta-analysis specifically, not just a systematic review.
In 2–3 pages, not including title page and references, address the following:
- Identify your selected article. Explain what characteristics make this a meta-analysis.
- Were the inclusion and exclusion criteria clearly stated? How were the articles that were included selected? Do you agree with the researchers’ approach? Explain why or why not.
- Do you agree with the conclusions? Explain why or why not.
- Explain how you could apply implications from the study to your nursing practice.
The post Meta-Analyses – Write My Paper Today appeared first on Professors Essays.