MANAGING BUSINESS INFORMATION
On September 6th, Thursday, AXION Airways announced it had suffered a breach resulting in the theft of customer data. In interviews with the TV24, the company noted that around 380,000 customers could have been affected and that the stolen information included personal and payment information but not passport information.
The organisation also stated very clearly that information was stolen from the AXION Airways website and mobile app. Shares of AXION Airways’ parent company AAG fell around 4% as markets opened on Friday morning, hours after the airline said that their customer information “compromised” in a data theft.
The company’s chairman and chief executive, Alex Cruz, said: “We are deeply sorry for the disruption that this criminal activity has caused.” Speaking to TV24News, he said the online vulnerability had now been fixed after it was discovered on Wednesday and indicated compensation could be a possibility for anyone who had lost money.
Despite AXION’s quick reporting of the breach, experts think the airline could be hit by a huge fine under the GDPR, which came into place on May 25. Previously, the largest fine issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) was £500,000. If the airline’s parent group AAG is held accountable instead, the number could be even higher.
As a measurement to improve their services AXION Airways has decided to train all their employees on managing business information. You work as an IT operations manager and you are asked to conduct several training sessions to upskill all the employees with the current best practices.
Task 1 of 2 Presentation and speaker notes
You have decided to start the training with a presentation.
- You start your presentation by summarising the typical business decisions made by AXION Airways.
- Provide an assessment of the internal and external sources of information required.
- You conclude the presentation by providing an evaluation of the information and knowledge needed to ensure effective decision making.
Task 2 of 2 Report
Your following task is to create an overarching report considering the data breach. You have planned to do the following:
Your report will consist of two parts.
- In the first part, make the readers aware of the communication processes used in AXION Airways by reporting on existing processes of communication in British Airways.
- Determine the benefits and limitations of existing communication processes.
- Using the case scenario of confidential data breach, justify areas of improvement for communication processes.
- In the second part, report on existing approaches to the collection, formatting, storage and dissemination of information and knowledge in AXION Airways.
- Recommend a strategy to improve the collection, formatting, storage and dissemination of information and knowledge in AXION Airways.
- Provide a commentary on how you would have implemented an improvement to access of information and knowledge in an organisation.
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
The post On September 6th, Thursday, AXION Airways announced it had suffered a breach resulting in the theft of customer data: OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology Assignment, UK appeared first on Students Assignment Help UK.