Revisit the practice-related issue of interest that you identified in the week one discussion posting, and respond to the following:
- Describe the practice-related issue and its impact on the nursing profession and/or healthcare delivery.
- How does this issue influence healthcare safety, quality, and/or health outcomes?
- What nursing intervention would you recommend to improve the issue?
- As you conduct a review of literature to better understand the issue and your proposed intervention, what search terms might be most helpful?
Based upon your responses to the above, develop a PICOT statement that conveys the following elements.
- P-Population and Problem– What is the nursing practice issue or problem and who does it affect?
- I-Intervention– What evidence-based solution for the problem would you like to apply?
- C-Comparison– what is another solution for the problem? (Note that this is typically the current practice, no intervention at all, or alternative solutions.)
- O-Outcome– Very specifically, how will you know that the intervention worked? What will be the indicator of success, and how will that outcome be measured?
- T-Timeframe– Target date for outcome achievement.
Use a sentence format to construct your PICOT statement. Here is an example from the educational field (remember, your PICOT will address a nursing practice issue or problem):
Do kindergarteners experiencing learning disabilities (P) who are given a stress ball to squeeze (I) compared to those who don’t have a stress ball (C) experience improved academic performance in class (O) over a 6 week period (T)?
Problem – learning disabilities impacting stress and academic performance
Population – kindergartners
I – stress ball
C – no stress ball
O – improved academic performance
T – over 6 weeks
GET THE WORK DONE AT ESSAYLINK.NET