The dissertation problem statement emerges from the topic to address what needs the research will fulfill. The problem statement must be supported by literature that upholds the need to explore the problem. In this assignment, you will construct an initial supported problem statement for your intended research topic.
My program is Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with an emphasis in Industrial Organizational Psychology – (Quantitative study). A dissertation development that relates to this topic would suffice.
Use the following information to ensure the successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate the “Dissertation Development Template” in the Topic Resources.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use the APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Use the Dissertation Development Template to provide an annotated bibliography of 10 empirical research articles on your proposed dissertation topic. For each article include a reference and an annotation (150-250 words each) of the key points of the article.
In the second portion of the assignment, you will answer questions regarding the alignment of your topic to your program and defend your selection of articles. Use the template to write a supported problem statement for your proposed dissertation topic. The statement must include a defense of the need to explore the problem and a discussion of the feasibility of the topic (250-500 words).